Dear microDrummers, my work goes, I’m currently working on several aspects simultaneously.
-New version of ConfigTool for OsX. This version will be released initially in a simplified form and only after I will add the extras including support for VST.
-In the version of Mac ConfigTool I’m also working on an interesting option that allows you to export on the iPhone/iPad the DKIT/DSND sounds libraries. Then I’ll do the same thing for the VST.
-New Interface for iPad / iPhone. Among you there is someone who has pictures (or rendering) of the individual parts of a drum set?
-Plexiglas box. What you see in the picture is a prototype to see if the measurements are correct, the final version should be done using only a few joints and screws.
Obviously I’m also working on other little things, on the compatibility with Arduino DUE, etc. …For example I would like to build a MIDI Router using Arduino ….
New software version for iPhone / iPad. In this new version there are two important changes: the addition of effects and a simple sequencer. Regarding the effects have I included only the reverb, but the sequences although very simple in my opinion is very effective, both to write short loop and to test the SFZ files. At this point I will cut off the buttons for the tests in the menu SFZ and I will insert the possibility to modify the sound library loaded. I’m also working on the iPad version that takes advantage of the screen, if you have any ideas / requests let me know. (Wiki)
The microDRUM app for IPhone / IPad has been updated to version 1.2 and brings an important new: the support for CoreMIDI and then for all devices compatible with Apple libraries as the iRig MIDI. I also improved the speed of the monitor, and I have fixed some bugs. I remind you that the best way to appreciate the capabilities of this app is to use SFZ libraries better than the default. For example you can use this that I did it based on samples of Big Mono, or you can make new one.
As soon as I released the version 1.1 I noticed that it contained a bug that I fixed in 1.1.1. This is new in this version:
-Support iOS 5
-Possibility to modify the list pads
-Support for external SFZ file
In particular, the part of SFZ is interesting because it allows you to place samples (homemade or downloaded from the internet) and play them with microDRUM or others eDrum modules. Here I made an example starting from Big Mono, I have selected some samples,I have converted to caf and I adapted the SFZ files, this is the result: Big_Mono_for_microDRUM.zip .Enjoy!
From now on I will not use more titles taken from songs. I made a video of my new application for iPhone / iPad connected to a pad. Unfortunately, the video is not good, the audio is bad and also the background song I had to distort to avoid problems with Youtube.
On the other hand I have introduced support for SFZ files, I also ran tests using 100 mb of samples and work well, I could also import the sample on the site of 2Box.
Today microDRUM becomes the first drum machine to have a dedicated app on the App Store: microDRUM. I’m already working on a new version where you can edit the inserted samples.
There are still other changes to do: Core MIDI support, dedicated graphics for iPad (for now it’s designed for the iPhone/iPod only), possibility to modify the list of pads etc. … For now, however it seems a good idea …
New Version v0.6!!!
- Improved SFZ support.
- Added effects to audio output!
- Added MIDI IN (so it can be used with other modules trigger-to-midi)
- Added keyboard utility.
- Added support for update firmware into Arduino UNO.
- and more …
Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop
- almost giving up
04/Dec/13 - 4:20 am
- Re: testing microdrum v.7
20/Nov/13 - 4:54 pm
- Re: Suggested Arduino board
27/Oct/13 - 11:00 pm
- Re: Gerber files for v0.6 or 0.7
11/Oct/13 - 6:54 pm
- Re: Jack wiring question
06/Oct/13 - 2:35 pm